Proud to be a licensed 5-Star establishment
(Animal Welfare Regulations 2018)
We all need a little care and attention every now and then. Here at Difford Kennels and Cattery we have been providing relaxing dog grooming services in our purpose built salon for over 40 years. With our experience we can attend to every possible grooming need your pet dog might have.
For example, our full service includes a bath and blow dry, as well as a hair trim (to breed standard if you choose) and nail clipping. You can choose any combination of these and other services depending on just what your dog needs. With prices starting from only £40 for our full service for an average sized breed it is fantastic value for money.
Our clients bring their dogs just for grooming from all over Wiltshire and Hampshire and some even further afield. Why not take advantage of our grooming services when your pet boards with us? All sizes and breeds are catered for.
- All pets benefit from being groomed, and most will enjoy it if you introduce it early.
- I find it very helpful to have them off the floor. It helps to keep them in one place but be careful they cannot fall, puppies do not bounce.
- Start as early as possible with a soft brush so they enjoy the attention.
- The more you groom the less hair you will have on the furniture.
- Smooth coats: Use a soft rubber brush in a circular motion, this helps promote circulation and shifts dead hair, then use a fleece glove in the direction of the hair to smooth and polish.
- Long coats: I find for non-show dogs that a silica brush (it looks like a bed of bent pins) is effective and seems to cause less pulling, so they tolerate it better. Start at the bottom of a hind leg lift the hair and brush a little at a time work through the whole coat paying special attention to behind the ears and under the arms.
- Some types of coat need regular professional attention.
- All poodle type coats need trimming every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Spaniels feet and ears will need trimming, some will need their back coats clipping.
- Westies, Cairns and other terriers have double coats which are hand stripped for the show ring but often clipped as pets.
Poplular breeds we regulary see here at Difford Kennels and Cattery include:
Afghan Hound, Airedale Terrier, Alaskan Husky, Cocker Spaniel, Staffordshire Terrier, Bulldog, Greyhound, Basset Hound, Beagle, Bearded Collie, Bloodhound, Border Collie, Boxer, Collie, Corgi, Dachshund, Dalmatian, Pointer, Setter, Mastiff, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Great Dane, Husky, Wolfhound, Jack Russell, King Charles, Labrador, Newfoundland, Old English Sheepdog, Poodle, Pug, Rottweiler, Saint Bernard, Shih-Tzu