TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your pet is boarded at Difford Kennels , Barton Stacey, SO21 3NP(“Kennels”) at your risk as the owner of the animal.
- During your pet’s stay at Kennels he/she will be cared for by Pippa Moon, the Manager of Kennels (“the Manager”), and her team of staff (“the Members of Staff”).
- All reasonable care and attention will be given to your pet during their stay in Kennels.
- The kennels and catteries are individual rooms with private runs. We supply all your pets needs, you are however welcome to bring their own bedding and toys at your own risk.
- All dogs are taken for two lead walks a day, dogs from the same family with a member of staff. We will ask you to sign an authority allowing us to take them off the premises.
- We supply a number of wet and dry feeds, or you may wish to supply your own. Please label it with his name and the quantity he usually has.
- We are happy to administer medication prescribed by your vet. Please supply it in its original container with clear instructions.
DELIVERY and COLLECTION
- Your pet is to be delivered to Kennels and collected from Kennels strictly between 8.30 am and 5 pm on the delivery date and the collection date.
- Kennels is closed for delivery and collection of animals on 24th, 25th and 26th December and 1st and 2nd
VACCINATIONS and MICROCHIP
- Kennels is required to record certain information regarding your pet. You must therefore bring the following original documentation with you when delivering your pet to Kennels:
- Microchip numbers for dogs.
- Up to date parasite treatment (fleas, ticks and worms) information for dogs and cats
- Up to date annual vaccination information for dogs and cats
INJURY OR ILLNESS
- If during your pet’s stay in Kennels an incident or illness affects your pet you will be notified immediately by the Manager or the Members of Staff. Your permission will be sought to refer your pet to the local veterinary service for consultation and treatment should that be deemed necessary. You will be updated at regular intervals regarding your pet’s treatment and condition.
- In the event you cannot be contacted then the Manager or the Members of Staff reserve the right to exercise their professional judgment and refer your pet to the local veterinary service where they will represent you.
- When instructing the vet as to what action to take in respect of your pet the Manager and the Members of Staff will exercise their professional judgement and be advised accordingly by the vet.
- You will be asked to sign a release form in respect of the actions referred to above.
- Upon collection of your pet you will be invoiced by Kennels in respect of any veterinary bill raised in relation to your pet together with the balance of the total amount payable in respect of your pet’s stay.
- You may wish to arrange your own insurance against the cost of this eventuality.
- Kennels will require a 50% deposit of the total amount payable in respect of your pet’s stay in Kennels to secure your booking.
- The balance of the total amount payable must be paid on collection of your pet.
- Cancellation must be given no less than 7 days prior to the start of your pet’s stay at Kennels and it must be given in writing either by post to Difford Kennels, Barton Stacey, Winchester. SO21 3NP or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this event the prepaid deposit will be refunded in full.
- If your pet’s stay is cancelled less than 7 days prior to the start of the stay at Kennels the Manager reserves the right to refuse to refund the prepaid deposit. The prepaid deposit MAY be refunded in circumstances considered to be exceptional by the Manager and is therefore at the Manager’s discretion.
- If, after 14 days from the given date of collection, there has been no communication and we are unable to contact you, we will make the best arrangements we are able to for your pet’s future, and will pursue payment from you in respect of all costs incurred in relation to this.
- We retain your personal client data on our database (not including card or bank details) and we will not share it with any outside agency, however, you will be asked to sign a data protection form, in acknowledgement of this.
- Kennels reserves the right to refuse to board your pet if it is displaying signs of a contagious disease.
- Kennels reserves the right to refuse to board your pet if it is displaying signs of aggression.
- We do not accept un- neutered male cats over the age of six months.